Gamedevelopers.ie
DemonWare

Forums

:: 

Education, Training and Jobs

:: 

internships in ireland

duggan

Post Posted: 4th February 2012 11:29 AM     Post subject: internships in ireland

Hey all again Smile
I was just wondering if theres any companies that do internships in ireland but mainly in Cork?

Thanks
Thane

Post Posted: 4th February 2012 05:47 PM     Post subject:

Good luck on that one. I'm from Cork, but had to leave because there's no game development going on there (outside of Big Fish, etc).
TheLaughingMan

Post Posted: 7th February 2012 04:32 PM     Post subject:

I don't know about Cork, but starting this year (The year after I do my internship... Thanks for that, universe) there are loads of places offering internships in Dublin and around that area.
mahamageehad

Post Posted: 17th February 2012 01:36 AM     Post subject: internships

I would be very interested in something in the south or west of Ireland, the indie scene seems to be booming at the moment, they must need some extra hands
Thane

Post Posted: 17th February 2012 07:18 PM     Post subject:

To my knowledge there's no games companies in the South, outside of Big Fish. You should try chatting to some people in the hackerspace in Cork. I'm a member there and I do games programming. You might be able to meet more people there interested in doing some games programming. http://hackerspacecork.com/
cHillok

Post Posted: 24th February 2012 11:39 AM     Post subject:

Realistically if you want to get an internship then drop any aspiration of staying local. 4 of us from south got experience, 3 in Dublin and 1 in Galway.
aphra
puppet master

Post Posted: 18th April 2012 11:22 AM     Post subject: Tribal internships

well Tribal in Galway are offering internships..deadline end of April

Aphra.

This summer Tribal City Interactive are looking for art and programming interns to help expand our team and to work on games being developed for mobile platforms (iOS/Android/WP).

We would ask that all interested applicants to email us their CVs. As well as CVs, we will also be looking for code examples from programmers, preferably for iOS (a link to a github/gitourous account would be ideal), and an art portfolio for artists. We’re looking for material that you’re particularly proud of, or something that shows us you enjoy what you do!

The deadline for applications for these Intern positions is the 30th of April 2012. The jobs are in Galway and we expect the internships to start in late May running through the summer.

For further information and to submit your application, contact info@tribalcity.com.

So what about us? What are we like to work with?

We are a small Independent game developer focused on the iPhone and Android markets. Being small means no departments, no barriers. You will get your hands dirty right away, you will learn tons, and you will be more productive than you could ever imagine. But don’t worry, we’re a close-knit team and you will have support all the way. We pride ourselves on Tribal City being a fantastic place to work.

http://www.tribalcity.com/blog/internships-at-tribal-city-12/
Post new topic Reply to topic      Gamedevelopers Forum Index Education, Training and Jobs
Jump to:  
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
© 2014 Gamedevelopers.ie Top of Page | About Us | Contact Us